- ExpressionEngine® 2.x
- PHP 5.2+.
- Your EE cache directory (located in system/expressionengine/cache by default) should have 0777 permissions (per the EE installation instructions).
- If you are planning to use CE Cache with APC, it must be installed on your server and configured.
- If you are planning to use CE Cache with Redis, it must be installed on your server and configured.
- If you are planning to use CE Cache with Memcached or Memcache, it must be installed on your server and configured. Memcache requires the zlib module. Memcached requires the libmemcached client library and PHP version 5.2 or greater.
- If you would like to use channel cache breaking with the refresh feature, and want it to be used asynchronously (well, semi-asynchronously as there may be a delay of up to 1 second when breaking caches), you will need either cURL installed or the fsockopen function. The fsockopen function comes installed with PHP unless explicitly disabled. You will also need to remove index.php from your ExpressionEngine® URLs.
Note: Support will not cover installing, configuring, or troubleshooting APC, Redis, Memcache, or Memcached. This add-on simply allows them to be integrated with ExpressionEngine®. However, CE Cache will work with APC, Redis, and Memcache/Memcached if you have them setup and configured correctly.
If you need help installing APC, Redis, or Memcache/Memcached, please contact your server host, system administrator, or look it up via Google. You can also see some installation examples on the Installation page.